Burgers with BBQ sauce and smoked gouda
- 625 g (1 1/4 lb) lean ground beef
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) HP Sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) ketchup
- 5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) garlic powder
- 75 g (2 1/2 oz) smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 dill pickle slices
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix all the patty ingredients.
- Divide the preparation in four and make patties.
- Place patties on the grill for 12 to 15 minutes, turning over once.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in another bowl.
- Put a slice of the cheese on each patty and toast the buns on the barbecue.
- Spread the sauce on the buns and garnish with lettuce, tomato and pickle.
- Add patties with a bit more sauce on top.
- Serve the burgers with a garden salad.
You can use the barbecue sauce cold or heat in the microwave.