Fish burgers with lime
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) French shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 4 snapper fillets, about 150 g (5 oz) each, skinless
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Greek yogurt
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime, grated
- 2 or 3 sprigs of chives, finely chopped
- 4 thin whole-grain flatbread buns
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- A few leaves of Boston lettuce
- A few sprigs of chives
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the fish fillets and coat well with the marinade.
- Let marinate for about 30 minutes, turning the fish over several times.
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or to maximum heat.
- In a bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Remove the fish fillets from the marinade and gently drain.
- With the lid closed, grill the fillets, skin side down, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn the fish over and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, grill the buns on each side for a few seconds.
- Spread the inside of the buns with sauce.
- Add the cucumber, lettuce and fish fillets.
- Top with sprigs of chives and close the buns.
- Garnish the plates with the lime wedges.
- Serve immediately with crudités.