Goat cheese and caramelized onion canapés
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) unripened goat cheese
- 12 slices of baguette
- 12 walnut halves
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 12 sprigs of chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 200 g (7 oz) onions, minced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Pour the oil into a saucepan. Add the butter and melt over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onions and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring from time to time until the onions are nicely browned. Drain and set aside.
- Shape 12 small balls of goat cheese. Set aside.
- Place the slices of baguette on a baking sheet and grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let the croutons cool.
- Top each crouton with the caramelized onions.
- Place a cheese ball on top of the onions and a walnut half on top of the cheese.
- Pour a little bit of honey onto the canapés.
- Garnish with sprigs of chives.
- Serve as a snack or an appetizer.