- 225 g (1/2 lb) northern shrimp
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Thai or Italian basil leaves, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cilantro, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) grated unsweetened coconut
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) grated ginger
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped jalapeno or Serrano pepper, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 cucumbers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, basil, cilantro, coconut, ginger, pepper and lime juice. Refrigerate.
- Cut the cucumbers in thick slices.
- With a teaspoon, remove the seeds and slightly carve out a shallow cavity.
- Season the flesh of the cucumbers with salt and pepper, and fill with the shrimp mixture.
- Serve chilled.