Smoked sturgeon and cream cheese canapés
- Ten or so fresh chive stems
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 sesame seed crackers (or your favourite crackers)
- 12 slices smoked sturgeon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- Chop two or three chive stems finely (keep the rest for garnishing).
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, lemon juice and finely chopped chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well. Set aside.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crackers.
- Top each cracker with a slice of smoked sturgeon.
- Sprinkle with red onion and Espelette pepper.
- Garnish with rolled-up chive stems.
- Serve with an aperitif.