Cannelloni with dried tomatoes, spinach and ricotta
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) ricotta cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) spinach, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh lasagna noodles
- 875 ml (3 1/2 cups) tomato sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Italian mix grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, dried tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan, 1 beaten egg and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well. Set aside.
- Place 1 lasagna noodle on a work surface. Cut in half widthwise.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe 1/8th of the ricotta mixture in a sausage shape on the bottom part of the noodle.
- Brush the upper part with egg wash made from the remaining egg.
- Roll up the cannelloni and repeat the previous steps. You will have 8 cannelloni.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato sauce and cream.
- Pour a bit of the tomato sauce/cream mixture into a gratin dish.
- Place the cannelloni on the sauce.
- Top with the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until the cheese is nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.