Rack of pork with tomatoes, bell peppers and herbs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) rack of pork
- 4 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In an oven-safe skillet, melt the butter over high heat and sear the rack of pork on all sides.
- Place the vegetables around the rack of pork.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and herbs.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour the wine into the skillet.
- Cook for about an hour for rare doneness.
- Remove the roast from the skillet.
- Place the meat on a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil.
- Set aside to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the rack of pork by cutting between the bones and serve with the vegetables and cooking juices.