- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1.5 kg (3 lb)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) salt and pepper, combined
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken bouillon
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) root vegetables of your choice, sliced diagonally
- 1 orange, in sections
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- On a plate, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken thighs in the seasoned flour. Reserve the excess flour.
- In an ovenproof skillet on medium-high, heat the oil and sauté the chicken for about five minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the excess fat from the skillet. Add the reserved flour, and brown for several minutes. Stir in the bouillon and rosemary, then the chicken, vegetables and orange pieces.
- Continue cooking in the oven, uncovered, for about one hour, basting the chicken often with the cooking juices.