- 125 g (4 oz) fresh salmon
- 125 g (4 oz) white fish fillet
- 250 g (1/2 lb) fresh scallops
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) or more of jalapeno peppers (seeded), finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- A few lettuce leaves
- Sprigs of coriander
- Cooked shrimp, peeled (optional)
- Dice the fish and scallops. Place in a bowl and add citrus juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, mix together all the other ingredients, except the shrimp (if using), the lettuce and coriander.
- Set aside.
- Add this mixture to the fish mixture - stir and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Place the lettuce leaves in martini glasses, cups or small plates.
- Top with the ceviche mixture, a sprig of coriander and one whole shrimp (if using).