The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Express meatless chili
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chili powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) crushed coriander seeds
- 796 ml (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) tomato paste
- 540 ml (19 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 300 g (2/3 lb) firm tofu, finely cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- Corn chips (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high.
- Cook the garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper for 1 minute.
- Add the 3 aromatic herbs.
- Cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes (with the juice) and tomato paste.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the beans, tofu, and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with corn chips.
For a variation, substitute the red kidney beans with canned white kidney beans.