- 10 ml (2 tsp) butter
- 1 can of 398 ml (1 2/3 cups) Bing cherries, drained, patted dry and cut in half
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 95 ml (6 tbsp + 1 tsp) flour
- 110 ml (7 tbsp + 1 tsp) almond powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 50 ml (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) 35% cooking cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) kirsch
- 40 ml (2 tbsp + 2 tsp) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Butter a 23 cm (9 in.) straight-sided pie dish.
- Spread the cherries on the dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- Add the sugar while beating until dissolved.
- Add gradually, in the following order, the flour, almond powder, milk, cream and kirsch.
- Place the mixture in the pie dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the top is nicely browned and the tip of a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- With a sieve, sprinkle the clafoutis with icing sugar.