Grilled lamb chops with garlic and rosemary
- 12 lamb chops, 2 to 3 cm (1 in.) thick
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) black peppercorns
Grilled lamb chops:
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) softened butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a sufficiently large non-corrosive dish, arrange the lamb chops in a single layer.
- Add the oil, 8 sprigs of rosemary, 4 garlic cloves and the peppercorns.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or more.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 260°C (500°F).
- Chop the garlic and rosemary
- In a bowl, combine those 2 ingredients with the butter and mustard.
- Mix together with a fork, crushing the garlic and the rosemary against the side of the bowl to extract the flavours.
- Line the bottom of a dish with paper towels.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and drain well.
- Place in the dish, patting them dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chops for about 3 minutes, lid covered.
- Turn them over.
- Brush with mustard butter.
- Close the lid and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn them over again and brush with more mustard butter.
- Continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes on each side for medium rare, taking care to brush the chops each time.
- Serve with baby potatoes and tomatoes à la provençale.