Garlic and balsamic pork chops
- 250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 pork chops, hotel cut, approximately 250 g (1/2 lb) each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) balsamic vinegar
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir. In a large oven-safe dish, place the pork chops in one layer.
- Top with the marinade, coating the chops well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 24 hours, turning over occasionally.
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or maximum heat.
- In a saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to half.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and lightly pat them dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and continue cooking, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes, brushing with the balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and rapini.