The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Creamy espresso topping
375 ml (1 1/2 cup)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 125 ml (a generous 1/2 cup) espresso coffee
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coffee cream beverage or coffee liqueur
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and water over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, occasionally shaking the saucepan in a circular motion, and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and espresso.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a bit of lukewarm water.
- When the mixture starts to boil again, whisk in the cornstarch.
- Remove from the heat and add the coffee liqueur.
- Set aside to cool, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream or crepes as a dessert.