The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Raspberry pavlova wreath
6 to 8
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 5 ml (1 tsp) white vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) super-fine sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) powdered sugar
- 5 ml 1 (tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 pack fresh raspberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) crushed pistachios (or nuts of your choice)
- In a saucepan, bring frozen raspberries and sugar to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds while retaining as much of the liquid as possible.
- Reserve the syrup.
- Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F).
- Place egg whites and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine the super fine sugar* and cornstarch.
- Stir in the egg mixture, split into four equal parts, mixing on high speed for 2 minutes between each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Continue mixing on high speed until the mixture becomes glossy and holds together with a whisk.
- Draw a circle about 20 cm in diameter on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place 10 large spoonfuls of meringue on top to form a crown.
- Drizzle with half of the raspberry syrup, drawing pretty lines.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven.
- Let the pavlova cool completely.
- Whip the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Set aside in a cool place.
- Just before serving, top pavlova with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and crushed pistachios (or your choice of garnishes).
- Drizzle with remaining raspberry syrup.
- Serve immediately.
* To make super fine sugar, simply blend regular sugar in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to obtain a fine powder that will dissolve more easily.