Crepes with apple and cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 425 ml (1 3/4 cups) flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) melted butter or vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 2 apples, peeled, core removed and thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) strong cheddar, grated
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300 °F).
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and milk.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- Add the melted butter. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve if needed.
- If the mix becomes too thick, add a bit of milk.
- In a crepe pan, pour a bit of oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add about 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the crepe mix.
- Tilt the pan to cover the whole surface. Brown both sides. Set aside.
- Repeat the same procedure to use all of the crepe mix.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and brown the apples lightly. Set aside.
- Spread the crepes out on a countertop. Place some of the apple and cheeseon each crepe.
- Roll and fold the ends inward. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the crepes with a dash of maple syrup.