Garlic Shrimp over Pesto Risotto
For more information on this recipe, visit https://chefcookit.com/en
- 250 g shrimps
- 140 g short grain rice
- 30 g Romano cheese
- 0.5 unit bunch of basil
- 180 ml green peas
- 2 red tomatoes
- 0.5 unit onion
- 2 unit Quebec garlic cloves
- 1 unit basil pesto
- 1 unit vegetable broth cube
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mince the basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Put the broth in 3.5 cups of water.
- Peel the shrimp.
- Mix the tomatoes with the basil (or according to taste, leave the basil separated), a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan over medium heat.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix.
- Add the broth little by little by stirring constantly until the rice becomes tender and creamy.
- Add the shrimp, green peas, pesto and the Romano cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto and garnish with the tomato salsa and a drizzle of oil to taste.
- Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own plate.