The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Grilled shrimp with coconut milk and rice noodles
- 3 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch of dried chili pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 25 ml (1 tbsp + 2 tsp) sesame oil
- 1 can of 400 ml (13 1/2 oz) of coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 or 20 shrimp (depending on size), peeled and deveined
- 1 package of 225 g (1/2 lb) of rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small squares
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- In a bowl, grate the zest of 2 limes and squeeze the juice.
- Add half the garlic, a pinch of chili pepper, half the ginger and 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce.
- Add 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil and 125 ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the shrimp, stir gently and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles for 3 minutes in salted boiling water with the rest of the coconut milk. Drain.
- Cool in cold water and drain again.
- In another bowl, grate the zest of the third lime and squeeze the juice.
- Add the red bell pepper, the green onions and the rest of the ginger, the garlic, the soy sauce and the sesame oil.
- Season generously with pepper. Stir well. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to high heat. Scrub and lightly oil the grills.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Reheat the noodles in the microwave.
- Add the pepper mixture. Stir.
- Shape a nest of noodles on each plate.
- Surround with a ring of grilled shrimp.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.