- 4 slices of country bread
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) fresh spinach, sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 340 g (3/4 lb) sliced cooked ham
- 8 to 12 thin slices of tomato
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) grated gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Divide the spinach and almonds evenly on four slices of bread and top with the ham.
- Top each sandwich with two slices of tomato and then the cheese.
- Place the sandwiches in an oven-safe pan and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Finish by broiling to brown the cheese.
- Serve immediately.