Ham and potato croquettes
- 3 medium-sized yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cooked ham, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Emmenthal cheese, finely shredded
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes in cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Drain and let dry for about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes with a fork.
- Add the egg yolks, pepper and nutmeg. Stir.
- Add the ham, cheese and chives. Stir again.
- Set aside in the refrigerator, uncovered, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F).
- Make 12 balls with the mixture. In a plate, roll the balls in the bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Brown the croquettes gently on all sides.
- Remove from the heat and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the croquettes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.