- 500 ml (2 cups) oil-packed tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) crushed soda crackers
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, eggs, olives, Parmesan, green onion and soda crackers. Season with pepper. Shape into eight large or 12 small patties and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a large non-stick skillet on medium, heat the olive oil and cook the patties for about two to three minutes per side, until browned. Reserve on a paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Serve accompanied by a salad or lemon crème fraîche.