- 125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) softened butter
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled and cut into 2 cm (3/4 in.) dice
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and the 3 varieties of sugar.
- Add the butter and knead with the tip of your fingers.
- Rub the mixture between your hands as for short pastry.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the diced pear and the cardamom.
- Place in 4 mini casseroles.
- Top with the dry mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.