Dutch Baby pancake
- 500 ml (2 cups) blueberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 peaches, pitted andthinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh fruit, as garnish
Material: 30 cm (12 in) cast iron pan
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC (450ºF).
- In a saucepan, combine the blueberries with the vanilla bean halves and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the sugar. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes. Remove vanilla bean.
- In a cast-iron skillet in the preheated oven, melt the butter. Remove from the oven, pour half the butter into a blender and set aside.
- Put the peach slices in the skillet with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the sugar. Return skillet to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in the blender, add the eggs, milk, flour and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the sugar. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, pour the egg preparation over the peaches, sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and bake on the middle oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish the pancake with the blueberry sauce, fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream, and put the skillet in the centre of the table.