Endives stuffed with cream cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) softened cream cheese
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried figs, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chives, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chervil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 leaves of endives
- 12 walnuts, in halves (24 halves)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into sticks
- 24 sprigs of chervil
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, figs and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- With a fork, beat the mixture until soft.
- Fill a pastry bag with the preparation.
- Spread the endive leaves on the countertop.
- With a fluted tip, make roses with the cheese mixture at the base of each endive leaf.
- Top each with a walnut half.
- Garnish with apple sticks and sprigs of chervil.
- Serve as an appetizer.