Veal Milanese, aragula salad
- 1 French shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 ml (2 tbsp + 2 tsp) olive oil
- 20 ml (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) baby arugula
- 250 ml (1 cup) grape tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Parmesan, freshly shaved
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts, toasted
- 4 nice escalopes, about 90 g (3 oz) each
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- In a bowl, mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Stir and let rest for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 95°C (200°F).
- In a large plate, place the flour.
- In a shallow plate, place the beaten eggs.
- In another large plate, mix together the bread crumbs and the grated Parmesan.
- Season the escalopes with salt and pepper.
- First flour them and then dip in the egg wash.
- Finally coat them with bread crumbs.
- Dip once more in the egg wash and the bread crumbs.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In a very large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook the escalopes 2 at a time for about 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Keep warm.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the arugula and tomatoes.
- Top with the vinaigrette and toss.
- Divide the salad among 4 dishes.
- Garnish with Parmesan shavings and pine nuts. Top with the escalopes.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.