Prosciutto and grilled asparagus bundles
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 24 medium-sized asparagus, tough end cut off
- 10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Prosciutto slices
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh Parmesan, shaved
- Preheat the broiler, positioning the grill at the highest level.
- In a small saucepan, reduce the balsamic vinegar by 1/3 over medium heat.
- Set aside.
- On a baking sheet, place the asparagus.
- Add the olive oil and coat well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half, lengthwise.
- Wrap two 2 asparagus in half a slice of prosciutto to make a bundle.
- Repeat the previous step with the rest of the asparagus.
- Broil the bundles in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place the bundles on a serving dish.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with Parmesan shavings.