- 500 g (1 lb) fresh fettucine
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions (white part only), finely sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettucine and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and sweat the garlic and onions.
- Add the white wine and reduce.
- Add the cream and cheese and simmer gently.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 or 2 ladles of the pasta cooking water to mix with the cream mixture if required.
- Drain the pasta well and add to the cream mixture in the skillet.
- Mix thoroughly to coat all the pasta.
- If necessary, stir in some of the reserved pasta water.
- Adjust the seasoning. Serve.