4 to 6
- 1 450 g (1 lb) package of spaghettini n° 3
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) olive oil
- 24 (16/20) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomato flesh, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 340 g (2/3 lb) calamari slices
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sweet smoked paprika
- 250 ml (1 cup) clam juice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) American saffron
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large stew pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Cook the spaghettini for about 3 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Drain and place on a cooking sheet or a large plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir and set aside.
- In a paella dish or a large stew pot, heat the rest of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Sear for about 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside.
- In the same oil, brown the tomato flesh, garlic and calamari for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the paprika and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Moisten with the clam juice and white wine.
- Top with 250 ml (1 cup) of water.
- Add the saffron.
- Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and the shrimp to the preparation.
- Cook while stirring constantly until the pasta is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.