Pork tenderloin with a maple-whisky glaze
- 2 pork tenderloins from Quebec (around 300 g each)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) whisky or bourbon
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) cider or apple juice
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) crushed red pepper
- In a glass bowl, mix the bourbon, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, chopped parsley, apple cider vinegar and crushed red pepper.
- Add the pork tenderloins and immerse them in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours (maximum 12 hours).
BBQ cooking method:
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat and oil the grill.
- Put the pork tenderloins on the grill and turn the temperature of the BBQ down to medium-low.
- Grill the meat for about 15 minutes, turning it and brushing it with the marinade regularly.
Oven cooking method:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In an oven-safe pan, brown the meat for 30 seconds on each side before putting it into the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 16-17 minutes, until the meat is just slightly pink inside.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Slice the meat and serve with a green salad.