Herbed veal tenderloin with instant tomato salsa
- 8 veal medallions, approximately 100 g (3 1/2 oz) each
- 250 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 French shallot, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) balsamic vinegar
- 500 ml (2 cups) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In an oven-safe dish, place the medallions in one layer.
- In a bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Top the medallions with the marinade, coating them well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, turning them over from time to time.
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or maximum heat.
- In a bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the medallions from the marinade and pat them dry slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for rare doneness.
- Place the medallions on plates and garnish with salsa.
- Serve immediately with pasta and grilled asparagus.