Grilled beef tenderloin with blue cheese butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) blue cheese, softened
- 2 French shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 beef tenderloins, about 150 g (1/3 lb) each
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, cheese, shallots, garlic and parsley.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Soften with a fork until smooth.
- Form into a roll and place in the centre of a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Wrap tightly into a perfect roll.
- Twist each end to seal. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the barbecue grills, brush clean and oil lightly.
- Sear both sides of the tenderloins on a very hot grill until grill marks appear. Season with pepper to taste.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for rare.
- Slice some rounds of butter. Place one round on each hot tenderloin.
- Set aside to rest for 1 minute. Serve.