Beef tenderloin with chimichurri sauce
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon), about 180 g (6 oz) each or 2 sirloin steaks, about 450 g (1 lb)
- Ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 500 ml (1 cup) fresh parsley
- 250 ml (1/2 cup) fresh coriander
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) wine vinegar
- 180 to 250 ml (3/4 to 1 cup) olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all the sauce ingredients one at a time, except for the oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding the oil gradually to emulsify the sauce, pesto style.
- Season and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue or a grill skillet.
- Season the beef steaks with pepper. Grill to preferred doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat, arrange it on a platter, garnish with lettuce and top with chimichurri sauce.
- Serve the rest of the sauce in a sauceboat.