Black cod fillet with miso
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) miso, powder or paste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) mirin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Sriracha sauce or sambal oelek
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 black (or regular) cod fillets, cut from the thickest part (middle)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) any type of vegetable sprout
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Chinese (or regular) radish, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients.
- Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the sesame oil.
- Brown the fillets on both sides.
- Pour in the liquid mixture and coat the fish well.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vegetables.
- At the end of the cooking time, cover the fillets with the vegetable mixture and top with sauce.
Sriracha sauce, a Thai specialty, is easily found at Asian grocery stores.