Pork tenderloin with maple and mustard glaze
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 450 g (1 lb) each, trimmed
- In a bowl, mix together the syrup, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the fillets, cover and marinate for 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the barbecue. Brush clean and oil the grill.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Grill on all sides for 15 minutes. Brush with marinade often during cooking.
- When cooked through, turn off the heat, cover the meat with aluminum foil, close the lid and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Strain the marinade through a sieve above a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Slice the tenderloins into medallions.
- Top with the hot marinade and serve.
You may also use a skillet to sear the tenderloins and finish cooking them in the oven.