Salmon fillets with cream sauce
- 625 g (1 1/4 lb) fresh salmon fillets, skinless
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the salmon fillets in a buttered oven-safe dish (use about half the butter).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in half the white wine.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the green onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat (without colouring).
- Pour in the rest of the white wine. Reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add the cream and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and gently reduce until the texture is even.
- Remove the fillets from the oven. Top with sauce and sprinkle with tarragon. Serve.
To bring more flavour to your sauce, add a pinch of dried tarragon at the beginning of the cooking (with the white wine).