- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 ml (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) vegetable oil
- 150 ml (10 tbsp) lukewarm water
- 100 ml (1/3 to 1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 100 ml (1/3 to 1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g (5 oz) smoked bacon, diced
- 1 onion, thinly minced
- In a salad bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre.
- First, pour the oil and then the water in the centre of the well.
- Starting from the centre, make a rotating movement to gradually add the flour to the liquid.
- Once all the ingredients are added, knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough has an elastic texture.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (475°F).
- In another bowl, mix together the cream, sour cream and the seasoning, making sure not to add too much salt as the bacon is highly salted.
- Roll out the dough to a very thin disk, 2 to 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick and (14 in.) wide.
- Place the rolled-out dough on a pizza baking sheet.
- With a spatula, spread the cream mixture on the surface of the dough leaving 1 cm (1/2 in.) free of mixture around the edge.
- Add the onions and diced bacon.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the diced bacon is nicely browned.
- Serve immediately.