- 300 ml (1 1/5 cups) caramel-flavoured sauce, such as Eagle Brand
- 500 ml (2 cups) firmly packed brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) softened butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) bourbon (American whiskey)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted dark chocolate (you can use chopped chocolate or chocolate melts)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper on two sides.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix first four ingredients and heat for 10 minutes on high, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Whip butter with electric beater for 3 minutes or until smooth, then incorporate the melted dark chocolate.
- Spread mixture into dish.
- Refrigerate approximately two hours.
- Once mixture has hardened, cut into squares.