Buckwheat pancakes with smoked trout
- 225 g (1/2 lb.) smoked trout, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) melted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) crème fraîche or plain Greek yogurt
- The zest from one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs (chives, dill, etc.) to taste
- In a bowl, combine the flour and water and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add the melted butter and stir.
- Cook the pancakes in a pan with butter until golden.
- Combine the crème fraîche or yogurt with the lemon zest.
- Top the pancakes with the lemon cream.
- Add the smoked trout and herbs.