Yellow tomato and vodka gazpacho in verrines
- 500 ml (2 cups) yellow tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 250 ml (1 cup) cucumber, peeled and cut into large dice
- 250 ml (1 cup) yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into large dice
- 250 ml (1 cup) stale bread, crust removed, cut into cubes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 20 ml (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) vodka
- 20 ml (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) Greek yogurt (garnish)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cucumber, finely diced (garnish)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red bell pepper, finely diced (garnish)
- Few sprigs of chive (garnish)
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender. Process to a purée.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- To serve, add the vodka and stir.
- Pour the gazpacho into the verrines.
- Garnish with the yogurt, cucumber, bell pepper and sprigs of chives.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer or a cocktail.
If you prefer a smoother gazpacho, set the blender to “liquefy,” and strain the mixture through a sieve.