- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cream
- 125 g (4 oz) mozzarella, grated
- 200 g (7 oz) Gruyère from Quebec or Emmenthal, grated
- 90 to 100 g (3 to 4 oz) blue cheese, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked gnocchi (see Basic gnocchi recipe)
Basic gnocchi recipe:
- 6 Idaho potatoes
- Coarse salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 green onions (white part only), chopped
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk and 1 whole egg
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place a layer of coarse salt in an ovenproof dish.
- Wash and dry the potatoes and place them on the layer of salt.
- Place in the oven for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let cool, then peel and finely mash the potatoes.
- Add the nutmeg.
- Cook the green onions in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, eggs and green onions to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well and season with salt and white pepper.
- Form the gnocchi (ridged or plain). Poach them in a pot of boiling water.
- The gnocchi are cooked when they float to the surface.
- Melt the butter and cook the green onions and garlic in a large skillet.
- Add both creams and cheeses. Season to taste.
- Cook on low heat until the cheeses are melted.
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the gnocchi and gently stir until warmed through.