Smoked Gouda and marmalade on croutons
- 6 slices of nut bread
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) melted butter
- 12 slices of smoked Gouda, cut 5 mm (1/4 in.) thick
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) sweet smoked paprika
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) orange marmalade
- 12 hazelnuts, raw
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- With a cookie cutter, make 12 croutons in the shape of your choice (2 for each slice of bread).
- Place the croutons on a baking sheet.
- Brush the croutons with melted butter.
- Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning over halfway through the cooking.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to broil, leaving the oven door partly open.
- Top each crouton with a slice of smoked Gouda.
- Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle the bites with smoked paprika.
- Top each with a touch of marmalade and one hazelnut.
- Serve immediately.