Layered vegetable casserole
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 green pepper, quartered
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 green zucchini, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, washed and sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 225 g (1/2 lb) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Italian breadcrumbs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- Arrange half the vegetables with some basil in an oven-safe casserole.
- Season. Cover with half the cheese.
- Repeat step 1 with the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix oil, garlic, breadcrumbs and oregano.
- Sprinkle mixture over vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Cut and serve with your favourite meat dish.