Grilled cheese and apple sandwich
- 8 slices of traditional cranberry and orange or three-fruit bread
- 60 g (2 oz) butter, softened
- 8 slices of Vacherin cheese, sliced
- 8 thin slices of Bayonne ham (preferable) or prosciutto
- 2 apples, Royal Gala or Granny Smith, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 65 °C (150 °F).
- Heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Spread some butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- In the skillet, place a slice of bread buttered side down.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on the slice of bread, 1 slice of ham, a few slices of apple, another slice of cheese, and finally a slice of bread, buttered side face up.
- Press lightly with a spatula.
- Cover and cook for about 2 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Flip the sandwich, press it again, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put in the oven. Repeat the recipe.
- Serve as soon as the 4 sandwiches are ready.