Grilled cheese with mushrooms
- 8 slices bread
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) + 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter, softened
- 8 slices Le Pleine Lune (or other triple-cream cheese)
- 227-ml (8-oz) package cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two slices of cheese on the unbuttered side of four slices of bread. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the mushrooms and shallots over medium-high heat with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of butter for about 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme and lemon zest. Stir.
- Divide the mixture among the four slices of bread with cheese.
- Top with the second slice of bread, buttered-side up.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and then add the sandwiches.
- Grill three minutes per side over medium heat.