- 4 large avocados, very ripe and blemish-free
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1 large tomato, squeezed to remove seeds and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove pits and peel.
- Place the avocados in a bowl.
- Mash the avocados and add lime juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serve the guacamole as a dip with nachos or vegetables. It can also be used in burgers and sandwiches.
To prevent the guacamole from darkening from contact with air, add the pits, sprinkle with a few drops of lime juice, and place in a bowl tightly covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.