Spicy guacamole with bacon bits
- 4 avocados, peeled
- 150 g (1/3 lb) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) crushed red pepper
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, snipped (plus leaves, for garnish)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Corn chips, for accompaniment
- In a skillet on medium, cook the bacon pieces and pepper flakes until the bacon is crispy (about five minutes).
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel, and dab with another paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crush the avocado flesh with a fork. Add the tomato, coriander, green onion and lime juice. Season with salt, to taste.
- Garnish with the bacon and a few coriander leaves. Serve the guacamole accompanied by corn chips.