Asian-style grilled lobster
- 250 ml (1 cup) butter
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) lime juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped (+ a few whole leaves for garnish)
- 4 fresh lobsters, about 625 g (1 1/4 lb) each
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the barbecue to 230°C (450°F) or to medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and ginger over very low heat.
- Infuse slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sambal oelek and the chopped coriander. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the lobsters in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool a bit.
- With a chef's knife, cut the lobsters in half lengthwise and crack the claws.
- Remove the sac (near the head) and the intestinal vein.
- Brush the meat with ginger butter.
- Grill the lobsters, covered, meat-side down.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and brush again with ginger butter. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with the ginger butter and basmati rice.