The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Asian hot dogs with duck sausages
- 4 duck sausages
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) carrots, grated
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 baguette, cut the same length as the sausages
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat or at least to 290°C (550°F).
- With a fork, prick the sausages to prevent them from bursting from the heat.
- Grill the sausages on the barbecue, with the lid open, for about 5 minutes, turning over once halfway through the cooking.
- In a skillet, heat the honey and the soy sauce over medium-high heat.
- Finish cooking the sausages in the sauce, turning over frequently until the sauce is syrupy and coats the sausages well.
- In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar with the lime juice, sugar and sambal oelek.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and coriander.
- Stir and set aside.
- Cut the 4 pieces of baguette open and heat on the barbecue for a few seconds, open side down.
- Spread some mayonnaise over the inside of the bread.
- Place a sausage in each piece of bread and garnish with the vegetable mixture.
- Serve immediately.