- 3 medium red beets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
- 1 540-ml (19-oz) can chickpeas
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil, place them in an ovenproof dish and bake for 60 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low, heat the oil with the garlic slices until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the paprika and coriander, and stir well. Set aside.
- Allow the beets to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the skin.
- In a food processor, blend beets until smooth. Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic oil, and process again.
- Serve with crudités.