- 3.5 to 4.5 kg (8 to 10 lbs) bone-in smoked ham
- 250 ml (1 cup) apricot jam
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Dash of ground cloves
- In a bowl, mix together all apricot-glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the net and rind from the ham. Trim excess fat, leaving a 1/4-in. layer.
- Place the ham in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for one hour (to desalinate and tenderize the ham).
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the ham on a rack inside a roasting pan. Spread the apricot glaze over the ham. Bake in the oven for 3 hours, basting every 20 minutes until golden. Add water to the roasting pan, if necessary.
- When serving, slice the ham as finely as you can with a well-sharpened knife.